> | Accessibility: Text Only | Text sizes: X X X | Help | Site Map | Contact | Cookies | Mobile

A to Z of Council Services:

You are here: Home > Councillors


Top services...

Find your councillor by ward, name or political group

To find your local councillor and view contact details, committee membership and attendance records, please see the Your Councillors page.

Find your councillor by address or post code search

To find your ward and local councillor by address or post code search, see www.lancaster.gov.uk/myneighbourhood

Members' allowances

In accordance with the law Lancaster City Council publishes annually the payments made to councillors in respect of basic, special responsibility, childcare and dependent carers’ allowances, travelling and subsistence allowances and co-optees’ allowances.

Councillors receive a basic allowance that is intended to recognise the calls on their time such as council meetings, meetings with officers, constituents and official council business. The allowance also covers their incidental costs such as the use of homes and private telephones.

Members' allowances are considered periodically by the Lancaster City Council Independent Remuneration Panel. The panel consists of up to 7 independent people appointed by the council. The recommendations of the panel are then considered by full Council.

IRP report 2014

Register of interests

A register of members' financial and other interests in which elected members are required to declare any gifts or hospitality exceeding £25 in value is available on line by accessing the Councillors individually or for inspection at Lancaster Town Hall by telephoning Democratic Services on 01524 582170 or emailing democracy@lancaster.gov.uk





01524 582170

rating icon

Feedback on this webpage

Help us help you by commenting or rating this webpage.

email icon

Email this webpage to a friend

Send a link to this webpage with a summary to a friend.

Related Pages